Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gas Station Plants: Yes You Can!

Savvy gardeners often malign the common, everyday shrubs that find their way into spreads at big box stores and service stations.  I guess if anyone can grow it, no one needs to coddle it, and it never stops blooming, there is no attraction.  We like a project.  

With this in mind I have developed a perverse streak.  I will find a planting that makes easy-going, forever-blooming Potentilla look fabulous.  I will, I will.

Not too bad, eh?  I snapped this one today (Achillea 'Paprika' with faded red blossoms, Potentilla 'Abbottswood', and the cute little grass, Arrhenatherum elatius bulbosum 'Variegatum').  Now if I can just find the inspiration to place the gold flowering one languishing in my holding bed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate and (hopefully) encourage participation amongst readers of this blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails